We understand what it means to live and work here in Louisville. We use the word “local” a lot when talking about our family-owned grocery stores. But what is Local?
“Local” means helping the neighborhood elementary school raise money for a new playground. “Local”
means driving to Henry County to bring back fresh picked produce. “Local” means supporting little
league teams, churches, scout troops and community festivals. “Local” means being Kentucky Proud and “Local” means representing you and your neighborhood with a smile and a friendly wave.
That is what “local” means to us.
ValuMarket also supports our local schools and other community groups who choose to participate in our re-loadable gift card program. Stop by your nearest neighborhood ValuMarket for more information.
We take an active role in your neighborhood by supporting our schools and sponsoring community events. Below is a list of some of the events we have been proud to participate in over the years.
- Metro Louisville WorldFest on the Belvedere
- Americana World Festival
- Highview Community Festival
- The Highlands Beer Festival benefiting Bluegrass Center for Autisim
- Mt. Washington, KY Spring Festival
- Kentucky Grocer’s Association Scholarship Fund Annual Golf Scramble Benefit
- Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- The Annual Highlands Zombie Walk
- And More!